Dr. Wickline is a board certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in knee arthroscopy, partial knee replacement, and total hip and total knee replacement. He is the #1 joint replacement specialist in New York State. He is fellowship trained at the Cleveland Clinic. He is the founder of the total joint replacement program at St. Elizabeth Medical Center and initiated the Accelerated Outpatient Recovery System for both the hospital and Apex Surgery Center. He has extensive experience in computer navigation and robotic surgery as well as muscle-sparing techniques like anterior hip replacement. He also believes in tourniquet free total knee and is pioneering narcotic free total knee as well.
Additionally, Dr. Wickline is the creator of “Therapy Free Total Knee”. An innovative technique that decreases pain, saves money, and accelerates recovery and allows patients to recover entirely in their own home.
His robust program of preoperative patient optimization has led to a 2X lower complication rate than the top 200 orthopedic hospitals in the nation. He currently is involved with teaching anterior hip replacement and outpatient joint replacement to surgeons in the USA and India and converting surgeons and patients to the therapy-free, narcotic-free joint replacement method.
• Undergraduate: Union College, Schenectady, NY
• Medical School: Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
• Internship: Albany Medical Center Hospital, Albany, NY, General Surgery
• Residency: Albany Medical Center Hospital, Albany, NY, Orthopedic Surgery
• Fellowship: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, Adult Reconstruction and Joint Replacement
• Developed/implemented a comprehensive total joint program in Utica, NY
• Consistently in the top ten surgeons in the entire state of New York for total joint
• Founder and Medical Director of the Total Joint Center at St. Elizabeth Medical Center,
• Active member of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
• Most experienced direct anterior hip replacement surgeon in New York
• One of only few sites in New York to offer Robotic joint replacement
The SwiftPath Method • One of the largest computer navigated total knee sites in the nation